~~~~ Show your support. Do subscribe to my blog. Arigato ~~~~

12 January 2010

Numa Numa Names

When I started my blog, I wanted a catchy name that evokes curiosity. I want an attention-catching name. I want a comical name that brings about smiles. I want people to remember the brand name. I want them all to check my brand over my competition.

Coming with a catchy name was an almost impossible task. I've intoxicate myself over caffeine thinking of a catchy brand name. And just when I thought of something real cool, real catchy, I got disappointed real fast when I discovered that someone had already thought of the same name.

I sought council on Google to seek advice on how to create the ultimate catchy blog address. The advice I got was as straightforward as doing simple research over the net. Seeing how simple it was, I wasn't convinced that advice would ever work at first.

Despite the lack of faith, I journeyed to the net and did some research. If the internet is a big as the universe, I believe I’ve covered every corner of the universe. OH MY NINJA! I'm amazed by the discovery. There exist tons of catchy names and Imma share the excellent ones with you, my loyal reader:
- Men with pens
- Women R beast
- Bitter Virgin
- Astro zombie
- Free radical
- Burning paradise
- Ora! Ora! Oracle
- Newbies, Nerds & Nitwits
- Shouting in the Rain 
- Ninja Monkey [Note: I was inspired by this]
- A toy shop called ThisKnee
- A liquor shop called Lick-her
- A bakery called the Upper Crust
- A bookstore called Books & Crannies
- A hair salon called Bangs & Burns
- A photo-shop called Sharpshooter




I love those names. It’s too bad that I wasn't the first one to think of it. Back to my unique blog address - Ninja Coffee. I set up this blog to be an anonymous blogger. So it has to evoke a mysterious aura. (Ninja comes to mind.) At the same time, I want my all readers to enjoy my articles. Pleasurable & sinful. (Naturally, coffee comes to mind.)

Mysterious blogger + pleasurable articles = Ninja Coffee
More importantly, Ninja Coffee has all the traits of any good brand name. It is Readable, Pronounceable, Spellable, Memorable, Concise and Unique. Now that I have a brand name, the next thing to do is envelop it with an atmosphere of positive aura.


What about you? Do you have a catchy brand name?
If not, what are you going to name if you have your own product?

15 ninja comment(s):

tranquility said...

yes..names are like fengshui.

Same goes for "don't simply name your child".

Lee | UseGet said...

Congrats on your unique blog address. Now you need to focus on blog contents as content is king.

Ninja Coffee said...

[Karen]
Names are like fengshui?
That is fresh to me. Do ppl consult fengshui master when they name their kids?

[Lee]
Gee.. Thanks for the tip.
I'll be sure to blog good content. *Thumbs up*

Ken Wooi said...

yeah ninja coffee surely attracted me.. lol.. you know what.. im gonna add you on my google reader (i dont link blogs on my blog) and i'll drop by whenever there's an update!

p/s: i love the kunt too! =P

kenwooi.com

Unknown said...

comic studios is mine! haha what do you think?

Dak Wan® said...

Catchy name? I'm more towards spur of the moment type. Creativity can be learned right?

Ninja Coffee said...

[Kenwooi]
Thanks for following. Its an honour to have such an established blogger like yourself be attracted to my blog. *Here's a bonus coffee to you, my good sir*

[Dylan]
Comic Studios. IMO, there are 2 sides.
+point: Readable, Pronounceable, Spellable, and Concise. Ppl who haven't been there would have a rough idea that there will be comical pictures, and funny stuff.
-point: Its sounds generic. Its like 'hyper market'. perhaps an additional slogan to make it more memorable?

[Dak Wan]
I agree. Creativity can be learned. (Though i prefer to copy, modify and pretend that I came up with it. *evil stare*)

Uncle Jo. said...

kakaka~ no wonder my blog name sounds chi sin lah XD

cr3ap said...

I like the first two that you found on the internet. Men with Pens and Women R beast. Sounds very catchy the names. :D Well, mine was cr3ap. Came out of nowhere I suddenly put this name as my nickname while playing dota. It cames on and ever since that day I started to use this. Actually it's not a word but it cames from the combination of creep and crap which makes it cr3ap :D. I sounds creepy, and I crap a lot and so it becomes cr3ap. :D

Regards from cr3ap
http://cr3ap85.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Thanks for following too!... Hmmm mine was a random collection of words. "Kagero" was this anime character that I liked when I was little. I don't remember which anime but he/she was pretty cool, calm and collected, which is kinda like me.

As for the "Poison", people call me 'cili padi' because of my small size. But 'cili padi' couldn't really fit the bill so I used 'poison' for a stronger connotation...

and voila! PoisonKagero was born :)

wen pink said...

Other than that, must also make sure it is easy to remember :)

Ninja Coffee said...

[AlphaAce]
Sound like chisin? Does it sound like chisin? I read from left to right, from right to left, it doesn't sound anything close to chi sin.

[cr3ap]
Are you a Dota Player? Creep creep creep.

[PoisonKagero]
That is interesting! Small frame, Kagero, they sound cute. Coupled with your profile pic, you seem cute. Then you had to mention cilipadi and poison. I think there is a shift on my impression towards you. ^^

[WenPink]
Exactly!

Thomas Lee/Lee Lip Pang said...

Nice name even for coffee brand,very attractive.

tranquility said...

No harm consulting feng shui master b4 naming kids? Hhahaa...nvm la...just give the best name.

Ninja Coffee said...

[Thomas]
You think so? I might just consider your kind words.

[Karen]
True true. No harm. Just gotta be cautious that they don't give the wrong feng shui advice.